Capital Women of Influence profiles thirteen women, well known and well established in their fields, who exercise power and influence in Dublin. Each woman is different from the other, but all are genuinely open and utterly fascinating. They discuss their families and earliest influences, their career choices, their partners and children, their successes to date and the challenges that lie ahead.
The depth of information gathered gives a great insight into each of the women:
- Betty Ashe, community activist, who has spent 40 years working on the rejuvenation of the Dublin Docklands area.
- Pauline Bewick, one of Ireland's most prolific artists, who donated 200 pieces to the state and has travelled to the South Pacific and Greece in search of inspiration.
- Evelyn Byrne, former Lord Mayor of Dublin, who has an overwhelming desire to ...leave a mark' on society.
- Patricia Callan, Director of the Small Firms Association who thrives on new challenges.
- Anne Harris, Deputy Editor of the Sunday Independent and one of the most influential women in media today.
- Danuta Gray, CEO of 02, who is passionate about physics, customer care and Ireland.
- Dr. Veronica Dunne, opera singer and teacher, whose advice to her students is ...don't get married'.
- Ivana Bacik, Reid Professor of Law at Trinity College, Senator, barrister, campaigner and mother.
- Maree Morrissey, who was a Walt Disney artist, advertising salesperson, classical pianist and band member, before she began publishing.
- Irish Entrepreneur Christina Noble, Founder of Christina Nobel Children's Foundation, whose work has saved lives in Vietnam and Mongolia.
- Mary O'Rourke TD, former Minister and leader of the Seanad, who gives a very open and honest description of the death of her husband Enda and her continuing desire to represent her people.
- Gina Quinn, CEO of Dublin Chamber of Commerce, who is passionate about education, helping people and Dublin City.
- Caroline Downey, founder of the Childline Annual Concert and Ireland's 'queen of fundraising'.
Capital Women of Influence is an inspirational look at Irish women who have truly made a difference.
- Additional Information
Author Gunning, Ellen Editor No Print Format Paperback ISBN-10 190578564X ISBN-13 978-1-905785-64-3 Illustrations No Date of Publication October 2009 Number of Pages 250